First Version - 12th July 2004
Useable turrets for the 'November' ship. This is not a stand-alone mod, but
is intended for use by mappers. They are based on the Assault turrets and so
work normally in Assault, but need special treatment to make them work in
Onslaught (you'll have to work out how to do that for yourself).
- Open AS-NovemberGunsTest.ut2 in UEd.
- Copy the ship meshes (one normal ship + one collision model) and the two
- Open your map.
- Save your map.
- That's it! The code, meshes, textures etc are now embedded in your map.
If you wish to place more turrets, you can find the factory in the actor
browser under SVehicleFactory->ASVehicleFactory->ShipTurretFactory
By default, the turrets fire once every 3 seconds, the shells travel in a
slow arc and do similar damage to the Goliath over a larger radius. You can
change this to suit your needs by editing the properties of various classes.
- FireRate: Type this at UEd's console, substituting any number you
set ShipTurretFire FireRate 3.0
- Damage: Type this at UEd's console, substituting any number you
set ShipTurretProjectile Damage 300
- Damage radius: Type this at UEd's console, substituting any number
set ShipTurretProjectile DamageRadisu 750
- Projectile speed: This is slightly more complicated due to a hack
to make the bots properly predict the arc. To set the speed itself, go to the
actor browser and deselect Placeable classes only. Then double-click on
Projectile->ONSRocketProjectile->ShipTurretProjectile. A little way
down the script in the window that opens, you will see a line Speed =
10000; You can change that number to alter the speed. You need to
recompile for the changes to take effect (Tools->Compile changed).
Finally, to make the bots predict the arcing correctly you need to type this
at UEd's console:
set ShipTurretProjectile Speed 2500
About one quarter of the real speed seems about right, but you should
observe the bots to make sure and then tweak as necessary.
Don't forget to save the map after making changes.
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions or comments, please e-mail them